Tuesday, March 27, 2012

artists and helpers

Growing up, one of my favorite things to do was to paint. It didn't matter how big or small the project - playing with liquid color was (and still is) a thrill! I haven't done a lot of painting in a long time, but with Ibra and Sumaya around - well! It's high time to break out the paint.


Someone has learned that the shutter speed on my camera is just long enough to pretend to smile and make a face at the last minute. Sneaky boy also taught that to his sister.





Something else that the kids have started doing is helping with the dishes. Hooray! They love to dry the dishes, and I am thankful for the help. Today, I walked in the kitchen to find them at this:



Not only did they take their cereal bowls to the sink, but they also decided to get out the brush and wash them! I'm ok with this...once they're tall enough (ahem, Suma).

2 comments:

  1. masterpieces...particularly like ibra's design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was really fun to watch them work...he was really deliberate about where he put certain colors and how they looked on the shirt

    ReplyDelete