Things that make me laugh:
- Julius, one of the workers from Ibra's home, drove back with us when we brought Ibra home and as we were talking, asked to know our last name. When we told him, he looked at our white skin and laughed, "Why you are called Brown?" Ha, I don't know, Julius...I don't know...
- When we took our kids for their first IOM appointments, we asked the nurse how we'd know if the kids had worms (they don't, but I wanted to know). She gave them a little pill to chew and said, "I hear that people are not de-wormed in America." We confirmed this and mentioned that it was uncommon for people to get worms. She shook her head like she couldn't believe it, "Never been de-wormed? So strange!" That's one right-of-passage that I'm glad that we've not experienced.
- Ibra blew bubbles outside the other day, and there was 1 time in particular where he "got it" and blew about 10 bubbles at once. He turned around, grinned and said, "Nice bubbles!" as he did his little wiggle-dance. It killed me because it sounded so much like a preschool pick-up line.
- One of the aunties at Suma's home, as they raise their hands to pray before their meals, always says, "Babies! Humble yourselves!" before she begins to pray. I love it!
- The night guard at Suma's home guards the place with a bow and arrow. I have never seen this before! It looked so funny - until I remembered hearing about my dad's friends going bow-hunting for elk. Perhaps that guard's choice of weapons is more serious than it first appears. If nothing else, at least it won't wake the babies.
Finally, here are some pictures for you. The first is outside of our attorney's office, when we got his text. The rest are from this morning, playing before breakfast and outside before we went to get groceries. Yes, Ibra is wearing one of Suma's hairbows. They feed off of each other like that.






Shayna, God has blessed you with some gorgeous children! Hope you are all doing well. I am loving reading about your adoption journey and have been inspired and challenged by the way you are living out your faith! Praying for all of you Browns! : )
ReplyDeleteChristy
My favorite line is "Babies! Humble yourselves!" So glad you can see funny things in the midst of the harder areas. The family picture of you is fabulous. The kids look like they have already bonded. love and prayers.
ReplyDeleteHey Guys, thanks for the posts! You have so many people back here rooting and praying for you! Just wanted you to know we stopped by your house and it looked find. The yard looks especially good :)
ReplyDeletei have loved getting to catch up on ya'lls adoption this morning! i had no idea that this was in the works. your children are beautiful and i'm praising Him that they will get to have such godly parents and a christ-centered home. how exciting!
ReplyDelete