Before we left, I scoured the internet, trying to see if anyone had documented their adoption packing list. Having never been a parent, I had no idea what to bring. Should we fill our extra suitcase with Cheerios and protein/vitamin powder, or is 1-2 containers of each enough? Are 4 coloring books enough? Should we bring more matchbox cars? How many containers of baby wipes would we actually use over the course of 4-6 weeks?
Well. This is not a complete packing list of what we brought, but rather a few thoughts on things that I'm glad that we brought, and things that I wish I'd though of:
Glad we brought:
- Soft, fuzzy blankets (thank you, Aunt Shirley and Uncle Charles - they LOVE them!)
- Swimming suits (we're within walking distance of the American Recreation Association and can go swimming soon!)
- Sippy cups and snack containers (never leave home without them!)
- Camera and Flip (thank you, Matthew and Chanie!)
- Baby lotion for bath time
- Books to read
Should have brought
- A jillion ziplocs in all sizes
- Trash bags (just a few)
- 2 additional sippy cups per child (1 for water, 1 for milk, 1 for juice)
- Baby chew toys (for both kids)
- Night light or light-up bedtime toy
What do you think? When you've traveled with little ones, what are things that you're glad that you've packed OR wish you had packed?
Love love love all the pictures and blog. This morning getting on the bus from off site parking at church, I asked the man who always helps people on the bus where he got is nice accent. He said he is from Uganda! I told him he might be helping two little ones from Uganda on this bus very soon:) Pastor Gregg read Jn 14:18 today - I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you...Love and hugs from the Kleins
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you four tonight. Pictures are great! Much love from the Humphreys,
ReplyDeleteBryan says, thanks for the advice. He is writing it all down for our turn.
ReplyDeleteI used to always pack a bottle of pedialyte (or gatorade), because my kids always got sick/bowel problems on the airplane and then couldn't take any food or water.
ReplyDeleteAlso, a small book that you can color and then punch out and assemble small cars or dolls. They got to color, and then play with small toys they had made.
Extra diapers. One flight to London, my 18 month old actually used about 10 diapers in 9 hours. Extra set of clothes, in case they spill something. Nappy sacks (scented diaper disposal or dirty clothing storage) which can be bought at Boots Heathrow. Hard Candy - So they can suck on it if their ears hurt during take off and landing (or buy "Earplanes" Boots Chemist)
Call Airline in Advance and order special meals for the children! They have a great kids meal which is more simple food.
So excited for you both!