I'm posting pictures here more to help me see the progress that we've made regarding her hair care. There is still a lot to learn, but we're getting there. :)
Flat rope twists
I love twists! They're easy to do, but most importantly (I'm learning) is that they're easy to take out! This style took one Winnie the Pooh movie (an hour-ish?) and lasted about a week, but it probably could have lasted longer had I used a good styling cream and used more rows.
I'm not in love with most close-cropped hair styles, but I like how they protect her hair...and I love how they look when you take them out! We don't have a picture of what the twist-out from the above hair style looks like (too bad because it was my favorite), but below is a twist-out from another time we did piggy-tail twists all over. It will be even more fun when her hair is longer because we'll be able to protect the style better overnight so that she can wear it longer.
One flat twist and "big hair
Suma likes "big hair", so I just put in one twist across the top of her head and put curl-definer everywhere else. If anyone knows of a not-super-expensive curl-definer (one that doesn't have sulfates), I'd love recommendations!







What fun!!!
ReplyDeleteyou really have gotten skilled with suma's hair. she looks lovely with all the styles.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Shayna! You are such a great mom and Suma is such a beautiful little lady!!
ReplyDelete~Christy C