Today, we dropped the kids off at Mia & Mr. Cool's house so that we could attend an adoption conference. It was exactly what we needed! There were a number of sessions for parents at the various stages of the adoption process as well as parents who foster children.
We decided to divide and conquer the break-out sessions so that as a family, we could learn as much as possible in 7 short hours. There were a lot of good thinking points, and I'll get into one of them later, but the absolute, most awesome thing that we experienced was a relationship that we formed as a result of the conference.
I had gone to a breakout session on "What in the WORLD do I do with black hair?!" (not really its name, but it's what we were all thinking), and toward the end of the session, one of the moms on the other side of the room mentioned that they are adopting from Uganda. WHAT!
When the session was over, I nearly ran to the other side of the room. "What's your name? Who is your agency? What home are you adopting from?" Poor girl could barely get her breath. Turns out, that Sarah and her husband are with an organization that some of our friends used and that they are adopting two babies from the same home where Sumaya lived! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I can hardly stand it.
Since we were just there in October/November, I asked her the names of the babies that they were going to adopt... holding my breath, hoping that I would know them.
And, I did.
Their baby girl slept in the crib right next to Suma.
Suma often fed their baby boy his mid-day bottle.
Andrew and I kissed their sweet chubby cheeks and held them and prayed for them.
We have pictures of them from the weeks that we spent there before gaining custody of Suma.
Even just this week, Suma talked about them and mentioned them in her prayers.
And, assuming all goes well, they will be living on the other side of town by summer.
Lord, my heart is so full! I can hardly stand it knowing that we got to pray for these babies in the fall...we met them even before they were referred to this family in the winter...we met their mommy and daddy today...AND they will be within driving distance in a few months. Lord, Your grace is too much!
Love, Love, LOVE this!!
ReplyDeleteI just got chill bumps!
ReplyDeleteThis gave me goose bumps! How amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteGod knew! It's so awesome to catch a glimpse of His bigger plan. What a blessing to see your prayer for a tiny soul answered. It brings tears to my eyes! Can't wait to meet your sweeties.
ReplyDeleteSo amazing! I am glad it was an encouraging day. anna
ReplyDeleteso, so cool. we need to be in driving distance too:) maybe one day!!!!! much love friend! _amy
ReplyDelete