Tuesday, November 1, 2011

passports & blessings

Great news! Isaac, our attorney, called us this afternoon to say that he may be able to have Ibra & Sumaya's passports ready by Friday! Holy smokes...if that's true, that would be really fast. Obviously, it would speed up the visa process, and we could be home a lot sooner than we thought. (Pray for our itineraries to work out well, if that is the case.) I'm trying to manage my expectations since it sounds too good to be true. We have loved being in Uganda, though I have to say that I will be glad to be home and into more familiar territory.

There are little things that I have missed: Sunday football (yes, I admit it), HEB (big time!), consistent power and hot water, my cell phone, extra hand towels, a Swiffer, morning coffee, and using tap water to brush my teeth.  All of these things are easy to work around, but I have felt a little lost without them.

There are things that I will miss here: 2-gallon bottles of water that cost $.50 (sweet), chapati (like a tortilla, but made with carrot, onion and a lot of oil - I have to find out how to make it), Watoto church that meets outside in a tent, temperatures in the high 70s/low 80s every day, getting eye drops and other necessary meds without prescriptions, and getting to see friends that we haven't gotten to see in awhile.

We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment